Accountancy: Developing and managing the roll out of a global business development and key account management programme
Our client, a global accountancy practice, is now consistently recognised for winning and delivering great client service around the world. Prior to our involvement, the firm was struggling to get on proposal short lists. Though some of its member firms had a defined business development and/or key account management approach, most did not. A simple, adaptable but structured framework was needed. Any solution was to be rolled out by each individual firm so stakeholder engagement was key.
Taking care of the whole approach
We loved working on this project and were responsible for:
- Defining the project’s initial need, scope and requirements
- Determining what ‘good’ looked like from an end client’s perspective and our client’s too
- Articulating and communicating the benefits of a joined up business development approach
- Engaging with key stakeholder groups including the Board and different leadership and function teams around the world
- Identifying ‘ideal’ client types for the current market and in the future – as well as defining those that were less desirable so resources could be apportioned accordingly
- Creating a framework that drew on best practice, filled in gaps, met objectives and was measurable
- Planning and programme management of the global programme’s pilot and roll out.
Offering strategic and practical support
We ensured the approach completely supported the firm’s over-arching business strategy and helped differentiate it from its competitors. We helped our client with guidelines on how to win new and maintain existing clients. We gave real ideas on how to manage a key account, e.g. sample meeting agendas, communication opportunities, etc. They understand that they can draw on our professional services, BD and stakeholder management skills whenever they need them to help the roll out go from strength to strength.
For more information, please contact
Alexis Gray our Managing Director: +44 (0) 7764 132305